Sanesco SomniTR is a delayed-released formula, designed to release 1 mg of Melatonin initially and 1 mg three hours later, to help promote the ability to stay asleep.
- Supports Melatonin production and levels through multiple steps in the Serotonin-to-Melatonin pathway, and also influences inhibitory GABAergic activity.
- Melatonin in SomniTR is delayed-released to provide sustained levels for up to eight hours.
- Besides melatonin, SomniTR combines support for GABA-A receptor sites. GABA-A agonists have shown to improve quality of sleep.
- Other ingredients are added to the formula to support melatonin synthesis.
- Melatonin deficiency is involved in prolonged sleep latency and the inability to stay asleep, circadian rhythm disorders, and jet lag. Melatonin deficiency has also been shown to reduce ACTH-stimulated cortisol production that may interfere with sleep. Disordered circadian rhythm is being studied as another cause for increased appetite stimulation and weight gain.
- SomniTR is a support formula designed to optimize both inhibitory processes and melatonin content in the CNS. SomniTR is a time-release formula containing melatonin, Coleus forskohlii, Lactium, and pantethine.
- Time-release was chosen with the goal of helping those who cannot stay asleep throughout the night. Coleus and pantethine are included for their ability to promote the enzyme that changes serotonin to its intermediate, N-acetylserotonin in the pathway to melatonin.
- Use SomniTR in conjunction with other formulas when insomnia is at issue during any of the three Phases of rebalance therapy.
- Contraindications: History of major depressive disorder.