Sanesco Procite-D is a primary excitatory formula designed to target dopamine and rebuild catecholamine neurotransmission. It supplies, in coenzymatic and/or phosphorylated/methylated form, B vitamins critical for proper neurotransmitter conversions.
- Balanced neurotransmitters, including dopamine, may lead to increased focus, better memory, improved libido and lessened depressive symptoms
- When optimized, catecholamines increase energy, focus, and a sense of well-being
- Neurotransmitters of the excitatory catecholamine family are dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. They constitute a main biochemical response to stress, concomitant with an upregulation of the HPA axis. In the face of a deficient inhibitory response, the catecholamine rise during stress is relatively uncontrolled. Clinically, such excess excitation often results in anxiety, insomnia, even panic.
- The first step in treatment is to restore inhibitory control. The second step is to address the catecholamine system. Restoring HPA balance indeed requires a proper balance between inhibition and excitation.
- The three key ingredients in this formula are direct precursors to dopamine, giving Procite-D its catecholamine-specific boost. Mucuna pruriens (standardized for 20% L-Dopa), DL-phenylalanine, and N-acetyl L-tyrosine help to rebuild dopamine. Dopamine has been studied in the scientific literature for its involvement in apathy, poor focus, addictions, RLS, ADD/ADHD, diminished libido, and some types of depression. Vitamin B6, here in the P5P form, folic acid, and methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) are critical components in neurotransmitter biosysthesis. Selenium is added as an antioxidant while N-acetyl L-cysteine provides support for biosynthetic activities in this pathway. Sanesco’s trademark NSB system rounds out this formula to provide enhanced nutrient absorption, decreasing the number of capsules needed while increasing effectiveness, thereby encouraging patient compliance.
- When a baseline test shows deficiency/depletion of one or more of the catecholamines (particularly dopamine) and the patient does not present with excess excitatory conditions but complains of fatigue instead, Procite-D can be used in the Initial Phase of treatment to restore balance. If anxiety is an issue in such cases of depletion, Procite-D may still be used for repletion, but only once an adequate inhibitory system is in place. In depleted patients, Procite-D is usually needed throughout the Restoration Phase of treatment.
- Adjunctive support for the HPA axis is often necessary because depleted catecholamines imply chronic stress issues. Depression with apathy, fatigue, and lack of drive or ambition may be signs of low catecholamine levels and signal a need for ongoing support. Use Procite-D in concert with Prolent and/or Lentra after the Initial Phase to restore HPA axis function.
- Contraindications: Caution should be exercised when used in patients with a history of hypertension, bipolar, mania, or psychosis. It is contraindicated in PKU.