A powerful treatment and remedy for chronic pain, depression, and mental health.
Ketamine Therapy can make it easier for patients to access and process difficult emotions and experiences during therapy sessions, leading to more effective therapy outcomes.
What is Ketamine and how does it work?
- An FDA – approved dissociative anesthetic drug
- It works by blocking the NMDA receptors in the brain which increases glutamate leading to enhanced neural connections
- Research suggests that ketamine’s antidepressant effects results from its ability to increase the production of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)
- Reduces the functional activity of the default mode network
Ketamine is for
- People with unhealthy patterns of attachment
- Individuals who have experienced trauma
- Persons who want to explore existential issues
- Individuals over relying on substances
- People experiencing symptoms of depression anxiety and other mental health conditions
Ketamine Therapy Can Help
- Make it easier for clients to access and process difficult emotions
- Increase the effectiveness of psychotherapy
- Decrease automatic thought patterns
Why Optimal Medicine?
- We are board certified family nurse practitioners
- We provide a holistic approach
- Safety is our highest priority
- We coordinate care with your therapy team
- We value equitable care and offer discounts when needed
Book a FREE 15 Minute Consultation
Ketamine therapy is a relatively new form of treatment that combines the use of ketamine, a dissociative anesthetic, with traditional psychotherapy techniques. Here are some potential benefits of KAP:
1. Rapid relief from symptoms: Ketamine has been shown to have rapid antidepressant effects, and KAP can help patients experience relief from symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions more quickly than traditional therapy alone.2. Enhanced therapy outcomes: Ketamine Therapy can make it easier for patients to access and process difficult emotions and experiences during therapy sessions, leading to more effective therapy outcomes. 3. Increased self-awareness: Ketamine can help patients gain insight into their thought patterns and behaviors, allowing them to become more self-aware and better equipped to manage their mental health. 4. Reduced medication dependence: Ketamine Therapy may help some patients reduce their dependence on medications for mental health conditions, as it can provide relief from symptoms without the need for long-term medication use. 5. Improved quality of life: Ketamine Therapy can help patients improve their overall quality of life by reducing symptoms of mental health conditions and providing a greater sense of well-being. It’s important to note that Ketamine Therapy is still a relatively new treatment approach, and more research is needed to fully understand its benefits and potential risks. It should only be administered by licensed professionals in a safe and controlled environment.